Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Model Stefan Baird



Model : Stefan Baird
Photographer : Alejandro Garcia
Styling : Alejandro Garcia 


I got off work and walked to the nearest subway station. I was tired from that bullshit ass job      ( Levis) and i just wanted to get home and get into bed! so im waiting for the train and i notice this tall black guy and in my head im like thinking " hmm he would be a good model for one of my photos" i was having a conversation to myself , coming up with ideas on how i could photograph him. I was like , should i give him my card    ( i always carry business cards with me ). the train came and i was like fuck it..didnt give him one ..i go in the train sit my ass down and away we go.

the train stopped at 96th st and he boards the train and im like ..oh cool hes here again..so this time i was like i have to introduce myself to him..and so i do..

i tell him im a photographer and that he should check out my work.
i asked if he models and it turns out that he does and is in need of photos..so we exchange #'s and our facebook pages. ..this happened like maybe 2 months ago i would say. 

so i went back to california to shoot my cuzzins wedding ( i know cuzzins is spelled wrong so shut the fuck up )  and we kept in touch .

so he gives me a call once im back in NY and we talk about ideas and whatnot and he seems eager to work and hes excited to work with me and i am too. so i hit up a good friend of mine whos a stylist and asked to borrow some clothes. i go to his house and pick out shit i like.  so with the clothing i picked out gave me a military feel so thats where im going with this editorial. i shot the picture below on sunday. My first time working with Stefan and from the looks of it it wont be my last. he says he needs help making a better portfolio. Im going to help him out get by giving him dope ass imagery for his book. two months ago we were complete strangers and now were two people working together. #funnyhowtheworldworks  lol (#) inside joke

No comments:

Post a Comment