Thursday, May 19, 2011

Easter Hill Shooting

...sigh....so what I am going to write is very personal and to this day I cant believe that none of us were hurt and that we survived. Im going to tell you everything from what I remember...so here it goes...


It was a sunny day and My brother and I were playing tag or I hanging out at a friends house in the front yard. The yard was sectioned off by a gate. My brother was inside and I was outside with our other friends. The house was on a corner and next to the house was a cement path that went down in a roller coaster descent. I dont know who said what or how we ended up looking at what was coming our way. 

I remember us looking down the hill and seeing six people dressed all in black and they were all carrying something in their hands but we couldnt see that far. they began running up towards us and thats when a kid starts yelling that they have guns. everyone scatters and goes inside the house and some of us start running the opposite way back to our house. I noticed that my brother had gone inside the house and he was safe. my friend was in front of me like a few feet away. we were both running and i remember saying " please let the door be unlocked "

as i was running towards my house which was 5 houses down the block. I look back and I see one of the gunmen go up to a man who was in the street. the man puts his hands up and gets shot in the head as they continue to run- i felt like they were running towards me- i push the gate open and i reach for the door knob and felt to relieved when the door opened. I closed the door and thats when they started firing. i ran to the back of the house and i kept hearing glass break and bullets going through walls. I lay down near the washing machine and then it was over. I get up and i hear someone coming down the stairs and realize its my dad covering his cheek near his eye. Blood was all over his arms. within seconds he was gone out the door. and a couple of minutes later police arrive and the whole entire block was outside with people and police. as i was walking out i remember looking back at the neighbors window which had been shot down. I saw people dead in the living room, it seemed as if they were watching tv when they started shooting and got everyone. this event has been engraved in my memory ever since. 



My Mom & dads side of the story.

days later after the shooting took place a couple of our family members got together and my parents told us their side of the story...


here is their version.....

My parents were both watching tv in their room while my oldest  sister(she is now 20) was in my aunts room and my youngest sister (whom is now 19) was still in diapers in the crib sleeping. my mom says she remembers hearing gunshots and both my dad and mom ran to get both of my sisters. my mom got andrea ( youngest one ) out of the crib and get on the floor. My dad grabbed my other sister and he says til this day that when he grabbed her she somehow got out of his hands and got up and stood next to the window. my dad quickly got up and grabbed my sister and pulled her away and as he did a bullet grazed his temple near his eye. he got back down and soon after the firing comes to an end. minutes later my dad gets up and comes rushing down the stairs and thats when i see him with blood all over his arms.


we got lucky. thank god no one was seriously injured. life would have been different if any of my family members would have been taken away that day. 

i cant even imagine life without them.

Much Love,
AG

No comments:

Post a Comment